How I started to teach my son: เริ่มสอนลูกอย่างไรดีนะ

Flashback to the time of the millennium, I’ve known the concept about how to self-learning English by ourselves effectively of Kru Kate, Dr. Netpreeya Choomchaiyo, which she pointed out the problems why Thai people learn English for so many years but still can’t use in their daily life. The idea I got from her is that we should focus to use English in our daily life and think naturally from our mind more than worry about grammar. As I really agree with her concept and idea, then I try to apply this idea in my daily life. Until I got pregnant, I set the target that I will teach my child to be a bilingual child. We will see if I will success or not. 

I started to create the bilingual environment in the family since my son was born to make sure that he will not get any awkward or different feeling. We agreed that daddy will speak Thai, while I will speak English. I have to admit that I’m not really good in English and my grammar also still terrible, but I believe that I can learn more and more at the same time that I teach my son.

The concept is I will teach my son English by communicating with him all in English, no translation needed. I didn’t teach my son Ant is มด or Bear is หมี as I would like him to learn it naturally, just like when we were young, our parents also teach us our mother tongue language without translation at all.

1. I started by communicating with my son all in English, pretending that I don’t know Thai and please don’t care about grammar.
2.  I started with funny alphabet songs, my son even enjoy sang ABC alphabet song from 1 till 3 years old.
3. As I would like him to be able to read English, too, then I let him enjoy alphabet songs in phonics version, I think it really works well.
4. I use the benefit of the new technology to tech my son. I let him uses IPad by selected the application that we believe they are good for him as well as allow him to watch YouTube video such as ABC alphabet songs that I mentioned earlier. At this point, I think some parents might start to have some feeling against this idea to let your children use the electronic devices. Please be reminded that everything has it pros and cons. We can allow our children to use technology properly by setting some rules that we can control in order to get the most benefit from them. For our family, we didn’t face the situation that my son cries or scream or shouts when he would like to use his IPad.
5. I keep speaking with my son in English every day as it is a part of our daily life. I really believe that it will benefit both me and my son.
6. Please do not discourage if we can’t see any progress. Everything needs time, Rome wasn’t built in a day.
7. One important thing is do not be shy or care about other people who comment on you. We are not pretend to be faked, but we try to work hard to let our children get the benefit in English language in the future.


ย้อนวัยไปสมัยเรียน ช่วงนั้นเราได้รับทราบ concept ในการเรียนภาษาอังกฤษด้วยตัวเองอย่างมีประสิทธิภาพของ ครูเคท เนตรปรียา (มุกสิกไชย) ชุมไชโย ที่เน้นการใช้จริง คิดจากภาษานั้นๆ มากกว่าต้องมาทำความเข้าใจ grammar และเราเองรู้สึกเห็นด้วยกับแนวความคิด และพยายามประยุกต์ใช้ในชีวิตประจำวัน จนพอตอนท้อง ก็หมายมั่นตั้งใจว่า จะสอนให้ลูกเป็นเด็กสองภาษา ลองดูซิ จะทำได้ไหมนะ
พอคุณลูกคลอดออกมา เราก็สร้างบรรยากาศครอบครัวสองภาษาตั้งแต่ลูกยังแบเบาะเพื่อไม่ให้ลูกรู้สึกแปลกแยก โดยตกลงกันว่าคุณพ่อพูดภาษาไทย คุณแม่จะพูดภาษาอังกฤษ ต้องออกตัวว่าคุณแม่ก็ไม่ได้เก่ง grammar ก็แย่อยู่ แต่ตั้งใจไว้ก่อน สอนลูกไป เราก็คงได้เรียนรู้ไปด้วย
แนวความคิดหลักคือ เราสอนภาษาอังกฤษลูกด้วยการพูดกับลูกด้วยภาษาอังกฤษล้วนๆ แต่ไม่เคยแปลให้ลูกว่า ant แปลว่า มด bear แปลว่าหมี เพราะต้องการให้เค้าซึมซับโดยธรรมชาติ เหมือนกับตอนเราเล็กๆ พ่อแม่เราก็สอนคำศัพท์ภาษาไทยพวกเรา โดยไม่ได้แปลอะไรเลยนี่นา
1. เราเริ่มด้วยการพูดภาษาอังกฤษกับลูกทุกคำ ประหนึ่งเราไม่พูดภาษาไทย และอย่าได้สนใจไวยากรณ์
2. สอน abc แบบสนุกๆ ด้วยเพลง ลูกชายร้องแต่เพลง abc ตั้งแต่ขวบกว่าจนถึงสามขวบเลยทีเดียว
3. อยากให้ลูกอ่านเป็นเร็วๆ ก็เลยสอดแทรกเพลง abc แต่เป็นเวอร์ชั่น phonics ไปด้วย ได้ผลดีเลยค่ะ
4. ใช้เทคโนโลยีให้เป็นประโยชน์ ที่บ้านเราใช้ไอแพดเปิดแอปพลิเคชันที่เราคิดว่ามีประโยชน์ และให้ลูกดูยูทูปที่เกี่ยวกับการเรียนรู้เป็นภาษาอังกฤษ ซึ่งแน่นอน เพลง abc ต่างๆ ก็ดูจากยูทูปอยู่แล้วค่ะ อย่าเพิ่งขัดเคืองใจนะคะ ของทุกอย่างมีข้อดีข้อเสียของมัน การให้ลูกใช้เทคโนโลยี เราต้องเป็นคนตั้งกติกาค่ะ แล้วเราจะได้ควบคุมได้และได้ใช้ประโยชน์จากข้อดีของมัน หรือเราอาจจะโชคดี ที่ลูกใช้เทคโนโลยีได้ประโยชน์เต็มที่ และไม่มีปัญหาลูกร้องไห้กรี๊ดกร๊าดเวลาไม่ได้เล่นไอแพดค่ะ
5. ต้องไม่ลืมที่จะพูดภาษาอังกฤษลูกเป็นประจำ ให้เป็นสิ่งหนึ่งในชีวิตประจำวัน ได้ประโยชน์ทั้งแม่และลูกแน่นอนค่ะ
6. สิ่งสำคัญคือห้ามท้อ ถ้ามันไม่ได้ผลลัพธ์อย่างที่เราคิด ทุกอย่างใช้เวลา กรุงโรมก็ไม่ได้สร้างเสร็จภายในวันเดียวค่ะ
7. สิ่งที่เหมือนจะสำคัญอีกข้อคือ อย่าได้อายคนอื่น และอย่าได้สนขี้ปากคนอื่น เราไม่ได้ทำเพื่อตั้งใจกระแดะ แต่เราตั้งใจทำเพื่อประโยชน์ที่ลูกของเราจะได้รับในอนาคตต่างหาก

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended YouTube channels: ช่องยูทูปที่ขอแนะนำค่ะ

Decision Making: การตัดสินใจ

The recent project that need supporters: ผลงานที่กำลังทำอยู่ในปัจจุบันซึ่งกำลังหาผู้สนับสนุนค่ะ